Monday, October 17, 2011

ME Lower

Squat 275x1, 315x1(epic fail, story later), 295x1, 315x1, 345x1 (epic fail) (all with 40 lbs of chain)

And that's it. That was demoralizing. I did not feel strong coming into this. At the end of this mess I had already been at it for 55 minutes and was zapped. Let's see where I went wrong.
1. Too aggressive when feeling weak. I always try to hit it hard even if I feel shitty but I probably should have been more cautious.
2. Trying multiple new things. First time squatting with chains and first time squatting heavy with a super wide stance. That was dumb.
3. The first time I failed 315 I was so confident I didn't even set my rack up so I got to the bottom and had to place the bar down on one side and try to not destroy my floor with the other side. So dumb.

I am going to set aside some time to learn how to squat powerlifter style, my technique is definitely atrocious. Standard low bar is not gonna cut it for competition. O well, let's hope Wednesday is better. Food time.

Dinner: Pork chop and cup of sweet potatoes.

Labels: , ,

1 Comments:

At 6:56 AM, Blogger MrB said...

Learn from it... and where's the kale? That's why you had a rough time!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home