Saturday, October 29, 2011

Push/Pull Meet

So I took the last three days off of training in anticipation of the push pull meet I went to today. My diet has gone completely out the window as well so it is really time to double down on that. The meet went pretty well. I weighed in at 180.4 fully dressed. So I gained a little weight this week as well, not too much to derail my goals though. I bench 225 to open, then hit 245. They were both easy so I took a shot at 265 but failed. I think I had it in me but I dipped a bit and in competition that is an automatic failure so they pulled it. Deadlift was much better. I opened at 450, then crushed 485 and finished with 505. I definitely had more in me but I wanted to get a solid PR and not hurt myself so I was conservative with my 3rd attempt. So all in all, a good day. Met some stupid strong people and got a lot of solid laughs as well. The best part of the day was right before one of the guys did his third bench attempt he was sitting on the edge of the bench huffing and puffing and psyching himself up (pretty standard) and his buddy walks over and just gives him a huge sweeping open hand slap one two combo and yells something in his face like "ALL DAY BABY!". I just burst out laughing, the bromance was unreal.

Labels: , ,

1 Comments:

At 8:49 AM, Blogger MrB said...

Dude! Would have enjoyed being there for your first power lifting meet. Sounds like it was a beneficial experience overall. Well done!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home